It’s no secret that the blogosphere has seen a decline in recent years. Personal blogging is on the decline and many popular blogging networks have been shut down. This can give the impression that the blog, in general, is no longer relevant or successful.
However, this couldn’t be further from the truth. Small business blogging is still an incredibly effective way to reach your target audience, build thought leadership, and increase sales. In fact, it’s debatable that blogging is more important than ever to businesses in the age of digital marketing.
The importance of the blog for business
If you’re not convinced by the idea of blogging for your business, consider the following blogging statistics:
- Companies that publish a blog receive 97% more links to their website. This is important because links are one of the main ranking factors for search engines. More links mean better visibility on search engine results pages (SERPs), which leads to more traffic and ultimately more customers.
- Companies that blog have 55% more website visitors. This is likely due to the increased search engine visibility that comes with regular blogging.
- Companies that publish a blog generate 67% more leads than those that don’t. This is one of the most important benefits of blogging for businesses, as leads are the lifeblood of most organizations.
- Companies that blog have 434% more pages indexed on Google. This is another SEO benefit that comes from blogging regularly. The more pages you indexed, the more likely you are to show up in search results for relevant queries.
- 60% of companies with a blog report that their blog has generated customers. This is perhaps the most important statistic for companies considering whether or not to start a blog. If your goal is to generate leads and customers, there’s no better way to do it than through blogging.
Because the decline of personal blogging does not mean the end for companies
Now that we’ve established the importance of blogging to business, you may be wondering why personal blogging is on the decline.
There are a few reasons for this:
- The rise of social media.
Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have largely replaced personal blogging as a way to stay connected with friends and family. Why bother writing a blog post when you can just share a status update or a photo?
- The rise of other content formats.
With the rise of platforms like YouTube and podcasts, there are more options for consuming content than ever. This could be one of the reasons people read fewer blogs.
- The growing demands of life.
Let’s face it: most of us are simply too busy to keep up with a personal blog. Between work, family and social obligations, there is often little time left to write.
However, just because personal blogging is on the decline doesn’t mean businesses shouldn’t be blogging. In fact, it’s debatable that companies are in a better position to blog than ever.
The costs of starting and maintaining a corporate blog are lower than ever, and the platform offers companies an excellent opportunity to reach a large audience with their marketing message.
Additionally, the skills required to create and maintain a successful corporate blog are more prevalent than they once were. With a little effort, any business can begin reaping the benefits of having a blog.
Five benefits of blogging for companies
Is a blog worthwhile in 2022? The short answer is yes.
There are a number of benefits that businesses can enjoy by blogging regularly. These include:
1. Improved SEO
One of the most important benefits of blogging for businesses is improved SEO. As mentioned above, regular high-value blog posts can lead to increased visibility on search engine results pages, which can drive more traffic to your website. Additionally, each blog post is another indexed page on your site, which can help you rank for multiple keywords and queries.
2. Increase in thought leadership
To be successful, companies need to establish themselves as leaders in their industry. This can be done in a number of ways, but blogging for business is one of the most effective.
By regularly posting high-quality content, you can position yourself and your company as an expert in your field.
Establishing your experience and authority in your niche will make it more likely that people will come to you when looking for products or services related to your industry.
3. Improved engagement on social media
Blogging for business can also help you improve your social media engagement. Whenever you publish a new blog post, you have the opportunity to share it on social media and drive traffic back to your site. Plus, if people like your blog post, they can share it with their followers, which can help increase your reach and visibility.
4. More opportunities for lead generation
Another major benefit of blogging is that it offers more opportunities for lead generation. If you include a call to action (CTA) in your blog posts, people interested in your product or service will be able to contact you easily. This can lead to more sales and revenue for your business.
5. Improvement of brand awareness
If you write informative and interesting blog posts, people will start to see your brand as a reliable source of information. This can help build brand loyalty and ultimately increase sales. And it’s not just potential customers who benefit from reading your blog posts. Blogging for business can also help attract new talent to your business. By writing about your company’s culture and values, you can give potential employees an idea of what it would be like to work for you.
The bottom line
Blogging is still an important and successful tactic for businesses in 2022.
Even as personal blogging is on the decline, businesses can still benefit from better SEO, greater thought leadership, greater social media engagement, more lead generation opportunities, and better brand awareness. If you’re not already blogging for your small business, now is the time to get started.
If you are looking to improve your business through blogging, LocalBizGuru can help you. We offer comprehensive local SEO, content marketing, and website design and development services that can help you get the most out of your blog. Contact us today to find out more!