Over the past month, there have been a number of articles published on how to use GPT3 Chat’s AI to improve SEO productivity. So I thought it was my duty to mass.
Here now I introduce 22 awesome SEO things you can do with GPT3 Chat:
1. Generate fast breadcrumb navigation HTML for web pages
2. Identify the schema markup
3. Generate structured JSON-LD structured data
4. Generation of Regex statements
These can be useful in a few ways, such as linking them to the Google search console or writing regex statements for a crawler like Screaming Frog.
We work on a lot of local sites, so writing regex for a crawler to only capture specific types of pages is a very useful feature. For example, you can create regex rules for ScreamingFrog to crawl different directories on a site like Yelp.
For example, discover all the different types of URLs. For instance:
If we want to narrow down the pages we crawl to drill down to locations, you can use a prompt like the one below.
You can also do this by category if you need to scan or filter only product or service category listings on yelp.
And you can also use it for specific business names to see their listings like this one for Crabby Crabby restaurant.
5. Generate Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
6. Quickly generate an outline for long-form content and identify the main topics/sections of the page
7. Build meta descriptions
8. Build a table of contents with jump links for the main sections of a page.
Prompt: You can create an HTML table of contents with h2 header jump links for the content of this page: https://www.localseoguide.com/local-seo-tools/
9. Automate ecommerce product description writing at scale
This lets you use Google Sheets so you can load a list and generate the description right in the document instead of having to copy and paste a bunch of different prompts and output.
We thank Elliott Davidson for finding this gem.
10. Generating the Robots.txt file
GPT3 chat will generate robots.txt files for you and you can even add different rules for Googlebot and Bingbot.
You can also check if some strings are blocked by the current rules in a robots.txt file.
11. Generation of XML site map
12. Identify related search queries for a keyword
13. Generation of custom GTM tags
14. Identify popular/trending hashtags in your niche
15. Get the list of possible Quora questions for a topic
16. Get the list of possible Reddit questions for a topic
17. Ask for image suggestions to make your content stand out
In addition to this you can use artificial intelligence tools like Mid-trip for AI image generation. It is especially useful for images without text as the tool has difficulty producing text in images but can be used to:
- Infographic templates
- Hero images/web page
- Logo Ideas
- Product illustrations/photos
Prompt: Hero image of a person using a computer
Prompt: Create a 4-step cycle process infographic
Request: Create an infographic showing the steps of a cybersecurity risk analysis for a company
It takes a bit of specificity, and if you’re using it for infographics, you’ll need to edit the text, but it would be a good place to start.
You can also use it to create other images like logos or favicons.
Request: 4k logo for rental property company called Bee One, black, yellow, bee, one
Tip: Create an image of a happy customer buying a car
These could be used to integrate the pages of the service or location to add unique content without having to create illustrations or take photos manually.
18. Summarize your content for sharing
Whether it’s social media or creating useful TLDRs/takeaway main sections for the beginning or end of your articles, GPT3 can be very effective at summarizing information in small modules.
You can also more easily turn your content into an email promotion or newsletter, or even summarize information for communicating with non-technical stakeholders.
Prompt: Summarize this case study in 3 sentences
Prompt: Can you list the significant takeaways from this article?
19. Quickly create outlines for content summaries
20. Generating Unique Email Outreach Templates for Building Links or Getting More Customer Reviews on Google
This can help you automate review syndication to build a company’s Google Reviews and create several unique templates.
21. Generate alternate titles
You can also do this with different people’s tone/voice, but this can have mixed (and sometimes funny) results.
22. Create .htaccesss files to redirect URLs
The limits of GPT3
GPT3 has limitations that have been expanded here, but some of the main ones are that it may give incorrect information from time to time, so it shouldn’t be used on YMYL topics. It is also unable to produce long, quality content and requires specific instructions for prompts. AI-generated content, including GPT3, can also be detected by Google and demoted. Finally, it should be noted that GPT3 is unaware of any content created after 2021, so if you rely on it without a human editor, some information may be out of date.
Here are some other great AI SEO articles you should check out:
Shout out to Aleyda Solis, who beat us to the punch by posting her list, as we were putting it together. You can check out even more ways to use GPT3 for SEO on your siteincluding how to rank a list of keywords based on their search intent, how to group a list of keywords based on their semantic relevance, and how to perform a content sentiment analysis.
Further thanks to Will Morriss for being our AI supermodel for the images.