Watching and sharing videos could be the world’s favorite pastime. Indeed, it is a daily occurrence for countless people of all ages.
A video that goes viral can acquire millions of views by sharing it across a wide variety of social media platforms, ranging from TikTok and Reels to YouTube and Twitter.
But did you know that you can add a video to your Google business profile?
Businesses of all sizes face an incredible amount of competition. Small businesses, in particular, are constantly challenged to find new and creative ways to grab the attention of fickle consumers.
Finding a convenient way to reach an audience and create interest in products and services can be the difference between success and failure.
One of the best ways to do this is to get the audience’s thirst for short videos.
It’s easier than ever now that Google allows business owners to post video promotions on their business page.
Read on below
Here’s what you need to know about using video in Google Business Profiles (formerly known as Google My Business) to build your brand and help your business stand out and thrive among a sea of competitors.
5 great reasons to use videos on your Google business profile
There are a number of reasons why you might want to use the video marketing feature.
1. Stand out from the crowd
When looking for a product or service online, it can be difficult to tell one brand from another.
Shoppers often make their choice based on factors like user reviews and / or a company’s website.
Adding videos is an excellent way to show potential buyers how different you are from the competition.
2. Inform your potential customers
The purpose of a marketing video doesn’t have to be to sell your product. The video gives you the opportunity to educate your audience and explain to them why they should also choose your product over competitors.
Read on below
If your product or service isn’t fully understood, providing answers to frequently asked questions can help build trust and ultimately convert that relationship into sales.
3. Demonstrate the characteristics of your product or service
People are bound to feel more comfortable with a product or service after seeing it in use.
A photo is great but it has its limitations. The video provides users with a more detailed introduction to a product, making it easier to understand its size, scope, and functionality.
4. The power of virality
We live in an age of information overload, where people don’t have the time or patience to do extensive research for a product or service.
It’s easy to skip an image. A video, on the other hand, has the ability to grab attention and hold it for as long as it takes to deliver your message.
Viral videos can absolutely solidify your business in the public eye. GBP limits videos to 30 seconds or less, so you have a small window in which to create a powerful message or funny video that entices people to share it on their social media.
The benefit for small businesses is that unlike commercial videos, you don’t expect a big budget promotion. Most viral videos are recorded on a cell phone rather than a professional kit. What is important is your creativity and your content.
5. You can play your horn
Renowned business consultant Ken Blanchard he once said, “If you don’t blow your horn, someone else will use it as a spittoon.”
Using video is a great way to showcase your achievements, whether it’s showcasing a product or highlighting the awards or nominations your company has received. This is a great way to build trust in your brand.
Demonstrating unique ways to use your product is another way to attract people who may not have known they needed it.
Suggesting product “hacks” can entice a whole new audience to try your product. Video is very effective in this, considering the decreasing attention span of consumers.
How to add a video to your Google business profile
Adding a video to your GBP profile is a simple process that requires little time or skill to execute.
Read on below
First, you need to have a Google Business profile. If you don’t have one, you can request it now in Search or set one up.
Starting November 2021, here are some simple instructions on how to upload your videos to your profile.
1. Log into your Google Business Profile account and go to the Photos section in the left menu.
In the top menu, click Videos and select Publish Video.
Drag and drop the video you want to upload or upload from your computer.
Wait for the complete video to upload, then confirm that the video upload is complete.
Read on below
If you’re having trouble, make sure the video you’re trying to upload complies with Google’s current video guidelines.
Google Company Profile Video Guidelines: Size, Duration, and Resolution
Like most social media platforms, Google’s business profiles have some guidelines that need to be followed:
- Inappropriate content it is not permitted, whether it is copyrighted material, hateful or bigoted videos, nudity or other content that may be deemed offensive.
- Recent and real content is mandatory, which means the footage in your video must be legitimate and show your business and now stock footage or irrelevant information. The content must be up to date and not out of date.
- Clear images are a requirement. Minimal filtering effects may be allowed, but anything that results in misleading or unclear content due to image obscuring is unacceptable. The purpose is to show your real company or product and it must be presented in a simple way without subterfuge.
- The content of the video footage is a necessity. This means that the video must be an actual footage showing your product and / or business, not a clip of photos or drawings or anything similar. Also, keep the text minimal and relevant, taking up a tenth of the frame or less.
- Send up to 30 seconds in length are supported and no more than 100 megs in size at 720p or higher quality. This is great for teasers and short, informative videos, but it’s not intended for lengthy advertisements.
- Approval can take up to 24 hours as your video will be reviewed to make sure it meets the appropriate requirements outlined in the guidelines.
Try these Google company profile videos
What you decide to include in your video is up to you and the type of product or service you offer.
If you find yourself puzzled, here are some popular ways these profile videos are used:
- Demonstrate how a product works.
- Provide a tour of the company.
- Show how key decisions for your business are made.
- Unveil a new mascot.
- Interview employees or customers about what they like about your business or product.
- Let your clients see behind-the-scenes footage, such as how much fun your team is having at work.
- Reveal how your product is made.
- Create a memorable clip that will attract interest in your service.
Read on below
How to make a Google My Business video
There is very little need to create a good video. Indeed, Google has its own Video maker, for the technologically challenged.
Come up with a creative concept, find some people to include in the video (if applicable), and record.
You are not limited to the Google tool; you could create any kind of video in MP4 format. It could be as simple as using your iPhone or any other recording device and transferring it to your computer.
To add music, overlays, or motion effects to visual scenarios, you can use a variety of video editing software.
Video editing can be tricky, but apps you can easily download to your laptop or PC, like iMovie or Movie Maker, make your job easier. You’ll also find editing tools within YouTube Studio.
If you’re having trouble finding the perfect concept, brainstorm with your employees and executives or invite clients for ideas and concepts.
Read on below
Professional service providers can also help you come up with great ideas and provide advice to guide the project from idea to reality.
Ideas for leveling up your Google business profile videos
Here are some ideas to help get creative juices flowing!
- Create a cool jingle or music to match your video.
- Show how you are following current security and business trends.
- Introduce your customer base to your business and products with an introductory video to kickstart the process.
- Answer the most frequently asked questions.
- Design “how-to” videos that show fun ways to use your product.
- Make a “challenge” video related to your product so that everyone can get involved.
- Provide customer testimonials.
- Show your team working hard and introduce some members.
- Add humor to make your product memorable.
- Thanks, video, to customers and organizations.
Ready to get started?
Research shows that a video can give you a competitive edge and get your brand noticed.
If you have creative people on your team, give them a chance to do something memorable. It could spread like wildfire on the Internet.
Take advantage of this opportunity to create a bond between your company and your customers by sharing what makes you and your products or services so special.
And remember: as you gain experience, you will learn better and more ways to appeal to your audience. Keep adapting and evolving until each video is more successful than the last!
Read on below
Featured Image: Shutterstock / panuwat phimpha