30 second summary:
- Low-code and no-code technologies are becoming increasingly popular with businesses of all sizes and a prime example is JSON LD
- They enable companies to build websites and applications with little or no coding experience
- There are many benefits, including saving companies time and money
- They can also help your SEO efforts by presenting linked data in a format that is meaningful to search engines
A burning challenge in a world of IoT and technology is the need to keep up with the times. As more and more companies adopt cutting-edge technologies, those that are left behind will inevitably be left behind. This is especially true in the field of SEO services, but also in website development and design. To remain competitive, companies need to constantly update their websites with the latest trends and technologies.
A great example of this are low-code and no-code technologies. These technologies are becoming increasingly popular with companies of all sizes. But what exactly are they? And how can they help you outperform the competition?
In this article, we will take a detailed look at low-code and no-code technologies. We will also explore how they can be used to improve your website in different ways.
What are low-code and no-code when it comes to website technology?
Low-code and no-code technologies are exactly how they sound. They enable companies to build websites and applications with little or no coding experience.
Low-code and no-code platforms are becoming increasingly popular for building and managing websites. These platforms allow users to create and manage websites without having to write code or hire a developer. This can be a great way to save time and money, especially if you’re not familiar with programming.
How do these low-code and no-code platforms actually work?
Typically, low-code and no-code platforms provide an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface, similar to a traditional website builder tool. This allows you to create a website without any coding knowledge.
In some cases, you may need to use some code to add advanced features or integrations. However, for the most part, these platforms allow you to build a fully functional website without writing any code.
What are the advantages of using a low-code or no-code platform?
First, they save companies a lot of time and money. Instead of hiring developers to build a website from scratch, companies can use low-code or no-code platforms to do it themselves.
Not only that, these platforms are also much easier to use than traditional programming languages. They enable companies to build complex websites and applications without the need for extensive training.
Finally, low-code and no-code technologies are constantly evolving. This means that businesses can easily keep their websites up to date with the latest technology, without having to make changes on their own.
What are the opportunities for SEO?
One of the great things about using low-code or no-code methods is that it opens up new opportunities for SEO. Opportunities include:
- Better target customers through local SEO – Local SEO is a great way to improve your website’s visibility in search engines, especially if you’re targeting customers in a specific geographic area.
- Optimized code – One of the best ways to improve your website’s ranking in search engines is to make sure it loads quickly. The low-code and no-code methods can help you do this by optimizing your website code and eliminating unnecessary elements.
- Create more targeted pages – Another way to improve your website ranking is to create pages that are more relevant to your customers’ needs. Using low-code or no-code methods, you can easily create custom pages tailored to the needs of your customers.
All of these opportunities can help you improve your website’s ranking in search engines, which will ultimately lead to more traffic and customers.
These are just some of the ways low-code code or methods can help you get smart about optimizing your website.
Does Google like websites that use low-code technology?
Yup! In fact, Google said it “sees great potential in low-code development.” They see it as a way to make website building more accessible and efficient.
Google also notes that low-code platforms can help improve website performance as they often come with built-in optimization features. This means that websites built with low code methods are more likely to rank higher in search results.
How do low-code and no-code affect the user experience?
One of the benefits of using low-code or no-code methods is that they can improve the user experience of your website. This is because page data can be better organized and structured for search engines, which means users are more likely to find what they are looking for.
Low code example: Using JSON LD
A good low code example is JSON LD. This is used for linked data and means you don’t need to put unnecessary code on your site as it all runs in the background. It can also speed up page load times as there is less code for the browser to load. JSON LD is a great way to save time with on-page SEO and create more targeted pages.
What is JSON LD?
JSON LD is a type of code schema that can be used to add structured data to a web page. This structured data can be used by search engines to better understand the content of a page.
It can replace traditional HTML tags and provide more information about the content of a website. This means that JSON LD can be used to improve load times, local SEO, content and images.
What is the difference between LD JSON and plain JSON?
- JSON LD is a type of code schema that can be used to add structured data to a web page. This structured data can be used by search engines to better understand the content of a page.
- Plain JSON, on the other hand, is simply a format for storing and transmitting data. JSON LD goes a step further by using JSON for website data.
JSON LD compatibility
For the developers among you, JSON LD has a wide range of compatibility:
- C #
- Erlang / Elixir
- to go
Four key benefits of JSON LD
Low-code techniques like JSON LD have the potential to transform the performance of your web pages. Here are some benefits of using JSON LD:
1. Improved loading times
One of the great things about JSON LD is that it can help improve load times. This is because LD JSON is typically smaller and more efficient than traditional HTML tags. This means your website will load faster and be more visible in search engines.
2. Improved local SEO
JSON LD can also be used to improve local SEO. This is because the LD JSON code can provide more information about the content of your website.
This means that your website will be more relevant to customers in a specific geographic area. Examples of additional information include your website address, phone number, and opening hours. And on e-commerce websites, product information such as pricing and availability.
3. Richer and better formatted content
JSON LD can also be used to enhance content. This is because the LD JSON code can provide more information about the content of your website. This means that your website content will be more relevant to customer needs.
For example, if you are a restaurant, you can use JSON LD to provide information about the menu, opening hours, and location.
4. Better performing images
JSON LD can also be used to enhance images. This is because the LD JSON code can provide more information about the images on your website, such as size and purpose. This means that your website images will be more relevant to customer needs and better formatted for SEO.
How does this help your SEO efforts?
Low-code technologies like JSON LD can simplify your SEO in a few key ways:
The low-code and no-code methods can save you a lot of time with on-page SEO. Using these methods, you can quickly and easily create well-structured and targeted pages that are easy for both users and search engines to understand.
Potential for more traffic
This can help you drive more traffic to your site and improve your chances of ranking high in search results.
Higher conversion rate
Plus, the low-code and no-code methods can help you create pages that are more relevant to your customers’ needs. This means you can attract more qualified leads and convert more sales.
The best tips for getting started with low-code and no-code on your website
Now that you know more about low-code and no-code methods, here are some tips to get you started:
- Start small – Don’t try to do too much at once. Pick one or two areas of your website to focus on first.
- Don’t forget the basics – Make sure you still have a solid foundation with things like keyword research and competitive analysis.
- Choose the right tools – Many different low-code and no-code tools are available. Do your research to find the ones that best suit your needs.
- Try, try, try – Always test changes before implementing them on your live website. This will help you avoid potential problems.
- Monitor your results – Keep an eye on your website performance after making changes. This will help you gauge the effectiveness of your efforts.
- Get help if needed – If you’re not sure where to start or need help with implementation, don’t hesitate to contact an experienced SEO professional.
Low-code and no-code methods can be a great way to improve your website’s SEO. These methods can save you time and help you create more targeted pages. However, it is important to remember that these methods should be used in addition to, not the basis of SEO. But when used correctly, they can be a powerful tool in your SEO arsenal.
Joe Dawson is Director of UK-based strategic growth agency Creative.onl. It can be found on Twitter @jdwn.
Sign up for the Search Engine Newsletter Watch for insights into SEO, the search landscape, search marketing, digital marketing, leadership, podcasts, and more.
Join the conversation with us on LinkedIn and Twitter.