An active comment area under each of your posts is a great way to increase engagement on your website. Comments offer value to your content, show your readers care about your site, and give visitors a reason to come back.
However, you must first create a space where your readers want to stay and communicate with you and each other. For this, you need a valid and active comments section. Unfortunately, WordPress’s basic comment settings aren’t good enough to help you improve engagement on your content.
While comments might help generate more attention for your content, many of the WordPress themes don’t have a functional comment system. The reasons range from excessive time spent monitoring comments to an abundance of spam.
We all understand that keeping your website 99.9% secure and achieving load times of less than one second is important, but improving interaction can help engage people and turn visitors into engaged audiences and leads.
If you have decided to create a comment system on your website, these WordPress comment plugins will help you convert your site visitors into a loyal audience.
This is a premium interface element plugin that allows visitors to highlight text. It also gives them the ability to add notes and comments online and gives you access to stats about your highlights. It is a Medium.com inspired tool used for text highlighting and inline comments for WordPress. It helps you spark rich conversations about your content just like Medium does.
Highlighter Pro main features
Highlighter Pro also offers support for online commenting. These are defined as comments that appear directly at the top of your website. It helps you to add annotations to your text. It also allows the reader to share their reaction to the content with annotations. It helps you expand the contextual world where readers can voice their opinion and let the conversation flourish.
This feature keeps you updated with important highlights and comments by adding a star next to them. It tracks important content and brings it to the top.
This helps you keep track of trending posts. It works on a schedule and automatically calculates the total highlights for each post along with the trend of how many people have replied and added notes to particular content.
Highlighter Pro comes with 8 classic highlighters and many more custom colors that make comments much more charming and attractive.
Highlighter Pro comes with 9 built-in shortcodes that help you view all sorts of information about your highlights. These shortcodes include:
- list highlights by user
- list the highlights for the entire site
- view the cumulative statistics of the highlighter
- view the best known and most highlighted selection for the entire site
- list the most highlighted posts
- list the best known posts
- list posts with the most individual readers highlighted
- list posts with the best known highlight
- list posts with the most highlighted selection
This plugin helps you integrate the Like, Dislike button into your website so that visitors can like and dislike your content and comments anonymously. This plugin is very easy to add to your website without even writing a single line of code. It counts likes and dislikes for each type of content like comments, pages and posts separately which is why it is considered one of the best comment plugins for WordPress.
Below are the main features of this plugin:
- 10 pre-designed icon templates
- upload your own custom icon sets
- customize the look of pages and comments
- Updating AJAX data without reloading
- no registration required
- widget and shortcode included
A social wall is an add-on and you need UserPro to use it. It provides a refreshing way to interact within the community. Take a visitor’s interaction to the next level and create a beautiful community by allowing them to:
- share post
- add images
- post comments
- sharing on social networks
- users can like and dislike a post
- administrators can delete all user posts
- restrict to logged in users or show to all users
- easily manage reported posts
- Admins can ignore or delete reported posts using the dashboard
This plugin is an AJAX-based real-time WordPress comment plugin with custom comment forms and fields. It is fast, beautiful, live and responsive with dozens of features and is one of the best comment plugins for WordPress. It is the best alternative to Disqus and JetPack comments if you want to keep your comments in your database.
- three modern comment layouts
- real-time notification
- social comment
- responsive comment form and comment thread design
- anonymous comments
- multi-level comment thread
- protected from spammers to comment
- sticky comments
- and more!
This is a social sharing, social login and social commenting plugin that can be easily integrated into your website. It is a free and lightweight plugin with no middle tier or third party registration. It is mobile responsive with free icon customization options and compatible with AMP, BuddyPress, BBPress, and WooCommerce. Its flexibility and fast support make it the best comment plugin for WordPress.
- compatible with the Gutenberg editor, myCRED
- Compliant with the GDPR
- shared counts for various social networks
- customize sharing icons
- mobile layout for sharing
- the user’s basic social profile data is synchronized with the wordpress profile
- enable the buttons of different social media apps
- widgets and shortcodes for Social Share, Social Login, Social Comments and Like Buttons
Below are the benefits of using this Super Socializer plugin:
- Quick Sign Up & Login: Helps increase your blog signup / login rate.
- The profile data will be saved in your blog database.
- Spam reduction: The number of fake identities and spammers will be lower due to individual authentication.
- SEO Optimization: Help your blog get indexed faster by search engines.
- Better customer relationships: User profile data is used to nurture relationships between customers.
Having user comments and engagement on your WordPress site is key.
A well-optimized comment process can increase traffic to your website, improve SEO, and make it more popular. Unfortunately, WordPress’s native commenting mechanism isn’t up to the task.
Here is the summary of the 5 comment plugins described above:
- Highlight Pro: Highlighter PRO is a premium WordPress plugin that allows you to embed highlighted source code in pages and articles on your WordPress website without sacrificing formatting.
- Likes Dislike Counter: allows your visitors to anonymously like and dislike pages, posts, custom post types and comments Keeps track of distinct likes and dislikes.
- Social Wall Add-on: A new approach to communicate with the entire community! You can now include a board on your website to provide your members with a new way to connect within the community.
- wpDicuz: provides a real-time commenting solution for your comment area. You can also upgrade to a premium membership to get a host of extras, including a custom theme and spam protection.
- Super socializing: An all-in-one WordPress social plugin that meets all the social needs of your website, including social login, social sharing, and social commenting.
I hope this post has given you the knowledge you need to select the best WordPress comment plugins for your site.